Friday, February 24, 2012

If you are a McDonalds employee, do you get free Happy Meal Toys?

my husband's sister-in-law works at McDonalds and she keeps bringing home tons and tons of Happy Meal toys for my kids. Whenever she brings the toys home, it's always JUST the toys and no Happy Meal. I'm wondering if she's Stealing them from her work place because I've had friends who work at McDonalds and I've NEVER heard of a McDonalds that lets their employees 'take' Happy Meal toys for free. From what I understand, left over toys are usually kept in storage to make room for the new toys. I've asked her how she got the toys and she just says that her work gives them to her. I really don't buy her excuses. If she's stealing the toys, I don't want my kids playing with them. It's just not right. Does anyone else think McDonalds will just let an employee 'have' 25 Happy Meal Toys?If you are a McDonalds employee, do you get free Happy Meal Toys?
I'm sure she doesn't get them for free (unless she's a manager.) Anyone can go to McDonald's and purchase the toys (nominal fee) without the food. Maybe employees get a discount(?) As far as old toys go, they may get them for free because of lack of storage space and they're obviously obsolete. (Maybe they donate them?)

Think about it, if every employee took toys home, a) there might be a shortage for customers, b) obviously the company pays for the toys when they're ordered from the warehouse (so that would create shrink cutting into profits)...
why do you care? I'm sure McDonalds is doing OK as a mom I'd be more concerned about letting me kids play with someone who would ask a YAHOO question about their sisterinlaw who has extra happy meal toys than the source of the happy meal toys.

Report Abuse

If you are a McDonalds employee, do you get free Happy Meal Toys?
I don't think they would just give away 25 happy meal toys to someone who works there. They already have to pay them, so I don't think that they would give them happy meal toys. Why would they even want them, besides for your children?
I have no idea, but it doesn't sound right.

1 comment: