Friday, February 24, 2012

Why are so many people now against the mcdonalds mascot ronald mcdonald and the toys?

he was there from the very of the whole thing. and second of all i dont really think kids even think that much about him hes just associated with the chain. i dont really see any harm done, and the toys are cute but i as a kid didnt go head over heels over ther junky toys it was there when i got the happy meal and i usually threw it away afterwards. i think in all honesty that parents are trying to put the blame on somthing when at the end of the day its there fault for taking them there to much. if ur kids keep bugging u about going and u feel the have gone way to much and need a break a simple no should be more then enough. and if saying no to your kids is not enough then i think you have a real problem on your hand. so what do you guys think?



(and plz no rude answers im just putting my opinon and id appreciate urs it without getting childish)Why are so many people now against the mcdonalds mascot ronald mcdonald and the toys?
It's always easier to blame someone else than to look in the mirror. Ronald isn't even in most of McDonald's commercials. And you're right about the toys. Once the kids get home and have their PS3 or XBOX 360 controller in their hand they're not going to care about that cheap toy that's probably already broke. When I worked in retail I'd find happy meal toys all the time when walking the store. The kids didn't even want them for an hour.
-Honestly - you are seeing liberalism at it's finest.



Liberalism - we will tell you what you can eat



Liberalism - take those toys away - it promotes unhealthily eating habits in children



Liberalism - Take away the clown - it draws children into unhealthily eatingWhy are so many people now against the mcdonalds mascot ronald mcdonald and the toys?
I agree, people just always want to blame someone else. Kids don't even pay attention to Ronald.
Could be that they are afraid of crime ( Hamburgler) or want them to be collector's items (Star Wars stuff)
The toys are now cheap and nasty, nowhere near the quality they were when I was growing up. Toyys with kids meals is kind of an incentive for kids to buy the meal, or have it bought for them. It is another level of advertising, and encouraging kids to eat junk food. I don't buy this, as Mcdonald's should be for a trat only at the 'happy meal' age, and parents should take responsibility, and stop blaming other factors, such as the 'cheap and nasty' toys!





Again, Ronald McDonald is the 'figurehead' of Mcdonald's and part of the advertising, which is why people are against him. Also a lot of people (a few of my colleagues included) are scared of clowns, so he's not an ideal mascot. I think clowns are stupid, and I dread his annual visit. Argh!
Actually Ronald wasn't introduced until 1961 or '62 and the Happy Meal came out in 1979. And I for one can vouch for the fact that we, as children, went ape-s#!t for McDonald's without these things. And somehow our parents managed to say NO, so we had McDonald's as a treat once in a while.

You're right parents today don't want to take any responsibility. And a very loud minority (some of whom I'm sure don't even have kids) want the government to step in and save them from these evil brainwashing clowns and toys. I wonder what or who they'll blame once Ronald and the Happy Meal is gone.
I have no issues with McDonald toys. I think the idea is a great one. Kids get a free toy and McDonalds get payed to market them.



Now I do have a problem with mascots. I will not eat anywhere that has a mascot. Its an idea that needs to die. I'm an adult and I want to eat at restaurants who cater to adults. Sure McDonalds offer Happy Meals for the kids but I can't tell you the last time I've see a bunch of kids inside of a McDonalds. Most Happy Meals are sold through drive thru.



No mascots, not colorful decor, and not gimmicks. Just a quiet professional setting so that I may eat my meal in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment