Saturday, February 18, 2012

British McDonalds placing books in Happy Meals instead of toys for a limited time. Do parents like the idea?

http://theweek.com/article/index/223292/鈥?/a>



I know as a kid, I would preferred a book over a cheap plastic toy. Some see it as a marketing gimmick to keep families returning to get the rest of the book series and some see it as a good way to promote reading. What do you think?British McDonalds placing books in Happy Meals instead of toys for a limited time. Do parents like the idea?
A bit of both.My son maybe gets a McDonald's once or twice a month - the toy (or whatever) is not a deciding factor,i I use it more for convenience sake.Anyway,anything that promotes reading is all good to me.I love to read and I am instilling a love of reading into my son (and any future children I may have) - maybe this will get the lazy or 'too busy' parents to actually encourage a love of reading
Id love that, and so would my daughter. Some of the 'toys' she gets she doesn't bother to play with, 95% are played with once and long forgotten. Granted, we dont go very often but my daughter loves books. Kid sized, even better. Plus, it promotes reading, and intelligent vocab, a source of interest and education, and just Might encourage lazy parents to read to their kids (which has proven to be beneficial in many ways)British McDonalds placing books in Happy Meals instead of toys for a limited time. Do parents like the idea?
I think, it's a great idea! There is no way that my kids would ever beg me to eat yucky McDonald's food to get a cheap book! They have done so for Pokemon cards, though, and the "My littlest Pet shop" toys. They'd also not feel the need to return to McDonald's to get the next installment but simply ask to check the "real" book out at the library.
Doubt the books will be great anyway.



Also, the type of people who buy McDonalds on a regular basis are not likely to be bothered by returning for the series, nor would they be particularly interested in the books from my experience.
maccas does this every now and again here, about a year ago my son got a book on elephants and one on apes, they aren't great books, but they're educational and hold a child's attention better.
Yes because their toys are crap. I have 3 kids under 5 and NONE of them play with the toys they get. The last one got flushed and stuck in our toilet and costed us $214! I think this is a fabulous idea!
I think it is a little bit both - good idea and marketing gimmick.
Doesnt make a difference.



We buy McDonalds for the food as a treat. Not the daft item that comes with it.
Chick Fil A has done this for a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment