Monday, March 12, 2012

How can I make my room look better?

Well, I'm growing up but I have a lot of really kiddish stuff in my room like these mini rainbow drawers, little display toys (from McDonald's happy meals) and stuff like that. How can I make it more mature-looking to fit a 11 or 12 year old like me? Oh and I can't get anything new or make it look too over-the-top.How can I make my room look better?
Hi!

My older daughter is turning 11 this month and she has embraced one color.

That color (in her case a sort of sea-foam turquoise blue that is widely available right now) is the only thing she's keeping besides white. Her choice.

It's not what you keep; it's what you get rid of that really makes a room.



You can sell your outgrown toys and any decorations that don't go with your color scheme to buy a Quart of paint. It's about 10 bucks.

Use blue masking tape (2 bucks) to make a nice, straight, artistic stripe on one wall.

There are examples here:

http://www.hgtv.com/topics/teen-bedrooms鈥?/a>



Once you start getting rid of the stuff that doesn't go, you'll really start seeing a more grown-up space with a scheme coming together.

From there, just get creative carefully gluing bead strips to the bottom of a lampshade and making sure your box-spring and bed frame never show by getting or dyeing a matching bed-skirt (or draping out-grown dresses in your color scheme to hang from under the mattress if you have to).



If you know any old ladies, you can ask them if they have any fabrics in the color you want. They might be thrilled to teach you how to sew pillows on their sewing machine, using fabric they've waited years for someone like you to want.

Can't hurt to ask, right?

Hang posters you like at fun angles.

If you have a hobby, showcase it. It's your space and it should reflect your life.

Be bold.
if you have a younger sibling or cousin to give the McDonald toys to that would be a good start. if you find it hard to get rid of them. put them in a storage bin in your closet and bring out things that someone your age would do. for instant, something to do with dancing and music. who is your favorite singer of all times. and reorganize your room. put things into different places that may bring inspiration for new ideas on redecoration. i know it does with me.How can I make my room look better?
use small race to set the toys, use decorative item, indoor plant etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment