Friday, March 9, 2012

Do you allow your children to eat McDonalds?

And if so how often? I have only allowed my son to eat McDonald's twice. The first time was at a party hosted there when he was 2 and 4 months and the other time was with my sister a week ago. Wanted to treat him.

I found that my son didn't actually eat anything out the happy meal just wanted the toy on both occasions. I don't intend on taking him back there any time soon. Do you allow your children to eat McDonalds?
yes i did and they have all grown into healthy adults now,there is nothing wrong with them you know,my grand-kids eat them now along with their parents
I had the same problem when I decided to treat my sons after a good week. For them it was a little bit of the excitement of being there, being distracted by the toy and not being used to greasy foods. There are options though. If you still want to treat him, just go when its snack time like I do. They order a milk and apple dippers and if they're good and eat all their food, I buy them a toy when we leave. They know that's the reward in the reward. You get the pleasure of treating him to a reward and he gets a healthy snack and a cool toy. Do you allow your children to eat McDonalds?
Yup. I work full time, and sometimes have to go shopping afterwards so I'll grab food from there for my 4 yr. old after we are done shopping, as it is usually dinner time or later. She is never more interested in the toy, maybe because I most often just get her the food and not a happy meal. More often than not, I get her chicken nuggets, a yogurt parfait, and some milk. Not exactly unhealthy, if you ask me. Yes, sometimes she has fries, or choc. milk instead of white, but she eats good during the rest of the day and it's not going to kill her. If she didn't eat such a well balanced diet at home, I would be less inclined to take her to places like McDonalds. But since she does, I have no problem with it.
I let my son have french fries from there for the first time about a week ago. I felt bad about it after. If I absolutely have to feed my son fast food (out somewhere and he needs something to eat) I always try to find a Chick-Fil-A. I read about a study done, and that was the healthiest restaraunt to eat at, even before places like Outback and AppleBees, depending on what you get of course. So, if I have to feed my son fast food, that is what I get him.
Look our kids eat at McDonalds or a similar fast food place about once a month. I dont make a big deal out of it because all the rest of their meals are good nutritious food.



You know what - by not taking him now he will love that stuff when he is older. Our older children prefer (age 7 and9) real restaurants and good food because we did allow fast food occasionally and did not make a deal out of it. Soon they realized they didnt really like the food much only the toys.
Well, my daughter is only 7 months old and I really doubt she will. I watched a video about the fries there and it's horrible, they're so pumped with preservatives they don't even decompose. That right there makes me never want to subject her to that horrible food. I don't eat there and rarely eat fast food, so I highly doubt she is going to eat there and if she does it will be by her own choice not by mine.
LOL Yes I let my son eat at McDonald's we haven't eaten there in a couple weeks but usually once every two weeks(on payday) we go there and eat for lunch,I usually get him the chicken nuggets and a milk shake,he doesn't like the fries.I see no problem with fast food,He isn't over weight because of it in fact he is small for his age.
my son was only a year old the first time i took him there and i felt like the worst parent on the planet. but the fact is, i was going somewhere in a hurry, there was no food at home and we needed to eat in the car. he liked it. i give it to him at times, but he doesn't get a lot of fried food any other time. he had some last night and i just remind myself that i'm not supermom and sometimes its okay to take a short cut in his meals as long as i don't make a habit out of it. most of his meals are home made though.
The only time we eat at McDonald's is when we are on the road for a long road trip. We usually stop and get a kids meal on the way to the in-laws house. We go there maybe once every three months. We eat as healthy as possible (if that's possible. lol). The kids usually get the chicken nuggets, apple dippers and milk. I always get a side salad. The hubby gets the Big Mac, but whatever. lol 4 of 5 of us try to eat halfway decent.
I would avoid it if possible but I wouldn't make it into an issue or else he will really start wanting to go there more. Plus, when you do have to go there, order their new menu items. You can get milk with a happy meal now and you can get apple slices instead of fries. The chicken nuggets are all white meat. Just make healthy choices for him!
the only thing my daughter (8yrs) eats from Mc Donald's : are the cookies and ice creams and pan cakes for breakfast!!



This is not a reg thing; even tho she ask's everyday (",) the answer is always the same ~ NO!!



I was once at a mums group and were shown what a big mac look like when left in the boot of a car after a year ~ It looked the same as one you'd get today!!



This has put me off buying from Mc Donald's food.




my daughter eats McDonald's, not very often at all (i don't have money to be spending on eating out all the time), but she really likes it, she loves burgers so i think that may be why. shes eaten there since around one, she likes it.
My daughter ate there one time, not with me, and vomited. She is now an adult and never ate there again. She used to plead with me, please don't take me to McDonalds. She loved my homecooking and now calls me for recipes and cooking tips.
Yes, I allow my daughter to eat McDonalds. She likes the apple slices instead of fries though sometimes. We only eat there maybe once a month when we travel out of state to see family. I don't like to make a habit of it.
My kids have ate there a couple of times, but I don't like McDonalds. We prefer Chick-Fil-A to any of the fast food places, or Burger King but we only go there usually on long car rides as a treat.
in my opinion wendy's is better and i only allow my children to get it maybe once or twice a month and sometimes on birthdays or special occasions.
I let my kids eat Mcdonalds every once in a while.

I guess it's ok. I mean even adults like to eat there from time to time.
Very rarely. I cook all of our meals, but if for some reason we are out and unable to get a good meal, we will eat restaurant food.
Absolutlety not!!!! It's disgusting. It's not even real food.
I have no children but once in a blue moon
Once a month. Homemade food is better!
I have let my daughter have a few french fries every now and then, but we don't ever take her there for a meal.

You want to teach your kids to make healthy choices, and fast food is not healthy. Once in a while I think its okay to go, just don't make a habit out of it. I do however think that 2-4 months is too early to be eating pablum, let alone fast food!! That's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment