Monday, March 12, 2012

Where can I donate gently used toys & books in Monmouth County, NJ?

I have tons of books (ranged from very young to teen), clean stuffed animals, and gently used toys (all pieces in place and unbroken). It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a place that will accept donations.



I tried the Salvation Army, and they can't accept any toys/books for the next four months for reasons unknown. Local Ronald McDonald houses, Toys for Tots, and Red Cross only want brand new and still package things. The local hospitals won't take it (which I kind of understand for sterilization issues in the stuffed toys) and local Goodwill only takes clothing items, and refuses toys and books.



I'm at wits end. I would just hate to trash all these things when I know there has to be those out there that could love them as much as I did as a child. It's not like these things are in bad condition. I cleaned everything; toys and puzzles still have all their pieces, the books are obviously read, but still in decent shape.



Does anyone know where I can donate these things?Where can I donate gently used toys %26amp; books in Monmouth County, NJ?
When I was visiting my niece in N.J.( Englewood) I attended mass at the local Catholic Church, the priest talked about the programs they have going for the needy of the Parish. Helping single mothers with clothes, toys and food between their wf checks was one of them. The other was helping seniors with visits and food to tide them over. Helping the un-employed etc. I believe they were the Carmelites and they have a web site. Look it up and perhaps your stuff will help out a needy family

Good Luck!
If your interested in finding a new home for you books there are some great websites that allow you to trade books, CD's, DVD's etc. See my profile for link to titletrader and paperbackswap. This allows you to get rid of an item you no longer want and get something you do want in return. Titletrader is awesome because you can trade books, dvd's, cd's, games and vhs tapes. So if you get rid of a book you may be able to get a dvd in exchange. Paperbackswap is only for books. Both sites are great!Where can I donate gently used toys %26amp; books in Monmouth County, NJ?
The city police/fire divisions often do a "toys for tots" type of program, try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment