Saturday, March 3, 2012

Are there any other parents that find Happy Meal toys annoying as hell?

I hate happy meal toys. They entertain my son for oh, about 5 minutes and then they're just THERE. I have found that none of them are educational or even all that amusing. Of course the solution is to just not take him to McDonalds anymore, but that's not an option with a 3 yr. old. I'm not asking for a solution to this issue, I just want to know if there are any parents out there that share my point of view. Also, any recycling tips?Are there any other parents that find Happy Meal toys annoying as hell?
Well, yes, they are useless, but just as many of the toys are, they use them once in a while, and that's the true, but those are the moments they enjoy.

Is just the same time that you enjoy your Italian Cofee, or the donnut you like so much in the morning, and maybe you get it everyday!

Anyway, let them have that little time of fun, and after that you migth use all those little toy to create a great village of toys, you just have to have a shelf in some corner of the kid's bedroom, paint it in some nice color, and fix it to look nice, i'm sure your kid will find it very fun to go in there again and again and play with all those little toys.

Whenever you have gather so many of them, that there is no room for more, you take all of them, donate them to a foster home, and start your collection one more time.

You have plenty of time, your kids will like those toys till they are eleven.
complete junk

We had a kindergarden teacher that used to use them for incentives for the kids, the kids liked thembecause they got to pick which one to take.

Some make ok sand box toys

you could see if any waiting rooms want them

or child service centers.

If any of them are especially cute you could make them into christmas ornaments with some nylon line or color cording and a bit of good glue.

Mostly i found them to be clutter.Are there any other parents that find Happy Meal toys annoying as hell?
very and what a waste
Yes, I find it to be EXTREMELY annoying. I do know some teachers in our preschools/kinderagrten will save them up themselves and give out as 'awards' or prizes. Or, you can put a bunch of them in a box (I literally have hundreds of these-because of course when you go to throw it out is when they decide "i love that toy") and sell them on ebay. I had a friend who used to do this...and sometimes (depending on if they were a 'collectable' toy) could get about $50 for a box!
UGH i hate mcdonalds toys.. we don't take my daughter to mcdonalds now, but when my fiancee and I moved in together his mother had kept ALL of his childhood toys and there was literally one huge rubbermaid container FULL of stupid mcdonald toys.. The lady must be NUTS.. Needless to say we threw them out!
Aren't they the most annoying toys? I used to find them all over the place. In collecting them and throwing them away it was always an awful reminder that we eat at McDonald's way too often!



My aunts always bag them up and sell them at garage sales. People actually buy them!! Throw a couple in a bag and price it cheap. Easy way to make a few $$ off of them.



After my daughter turned 6 she started throwing most of those toys away. She said they are just junk and she doesn't need junk!
I really hate them myself...there so stupid, for example my boys got teddy bears..They don't want teddy bears!!!
Save 'em, Ziploc bag 'em, price 'em, and sale 'em @ your yard sale for like 25 cents a bag, depending on the bag size for a gallon bag, the biggest one you will only get like 25 or 50 cents a bag or give every child at the yard sale one or two
Recycling Tip...I worked at a preschool and one of the parents actually saved all the happy meal toys (from all places, Chick Fil A, Mc Donalds, Jack In The Box...etc) and when Halloween rolled around she pulled out a big box and gave the toys away as the Trick or Treat gift instead of candy. She has three kids when I worked with them they were 5, 3 and 2. They were all onboard with the idea and loved saving them and then giving them away on Halloween.
totally agree.... AND kinder egg toys are just as bad...
i am with you every time we pass a mcdonalds my 3 year old screams. we donate them to a thrift shop or throw them away
Oh, I hate them too! If you have any friends that are teachers, see if they would like them for their classroom. I taught in public school and preschool and I would toss them in my prize box. You know for end of the week little things for good behavior or whatever. Just a thought.
yep, same here, but since I also have a 71/2 month old who finds them amusing they are already recycled. why not give them to the salvation army or toys for tots--something along that nature
I think you are right. They are junk. Unless you are going to keep them forever, they just take up space. They are annoying when you step on them and waste plastic.
When my son, now 10, but when he was younger at that age wanted to go to McDonald's I used to say in a few minutes maybe we will go. I would then stop at a store and pick up a cheap slightly more educational toy to give him in the happy meal. I would get the happy meal and on the drive home I would replace toys. He now asks how come McDonald's is so skimpy with the toy they always had awesome toys when I was younger. But yes the toys are irratating and not worth the extra dollar that they charge for it.

Recycling tip I have is mostly everything to be recycled can make a great arts %26amp; crafts project for you and your son. Gives time for the two of you and also can be a sharing time for you. I still have that time with my son and I can't wait for my twin daughters to get a little bit older to start with them. My son and I started our own band with some of the things we recycled into instruments.
Yes they are useless. I usally throw them away after about 2 days, my son has never noticed.
if youre getting a happy meal ask not to have the toy that way you wont be annoyed.
I hate them too. There should be more like the magic school bus that people actually learn from.
yes i hate happy meal toys they are very annoying and a waste of money but keeps the kids happy
Hmmm, i would think they would be very annoying. My babies are under a year old now, so I will soon have to go through this, but that would suck to get stuck with all those stupid plastic toys in your house/car. lol Just curious, do you order them the healthy happy meals, you know with the milk instead of soda, and apples instead of french fries?
Why is not going not at option?

Is fast fattening food mandatory for children? Cook them something healthy.

I know it seems easier to go there but it is disgusting food to give a child.
it's a gimmick to buy your child's healthy eating habits.



How about not taking him there? I knwo its hard, but I have a 31/2 yr old and I just do it. B/c I care. I work full-time and do it all by myself. Oh, I have another child too. You can too.



If you HAVE to go fast food, do you have a chik-fila there?

There toys are educational Cd's full of stories and books.
MY SON IS ALWAYS YELLING FOR THOSE TOYS TO AND HE NEVER PLAYS WITH FOR A LONG TIME AND THEN HE THROWS THEM IN A CORNER

No comments:

Post a Comment