Saturday, March 3, 2012

What do you think about this (potential) lawsuit against McDonalds?

CNN reports that the Center for Science in Public Interest is threatening to sue McDonalds if they don't remove the toys from the Happy Menu. Link here: http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/22/news/com鈥?/a>



If you don't wanna click on the link, but wanna learn more, google "McDonalds toy lawsuit".

---

I don't think it is a very smart or thought out move. Those toys are meant for young kids and most little kids won't have access to a McDonalds unless their parents (or grandparents/aunts/uncles, ect.) take them. So, its up to the parents to simply say "No" and the kids won't be eating fast food every other day!



I ate once or twice a month at a fast food place when I was little. Mum and dad wouldn't take me there all the time. The times I would get a treat and eat there, the toys were simply fun, cool things that came along with my french fries. I still remember the toy Woody, from Toy Story. Anyway, I am not overweight now, nor are my siblings. It's up to the parents to make sure the kids eat healthy most of the time--trying to force a company to change its policy isn't going to do anything. Kids who eat a lot of fast food are still going to be eating fast food, with or without the toys.What do you think about this (potential) lawsuit against McDonalds?
It's more a publicity stunt than a viable lawsuit.
Stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. They should sue because the food is poisonous (contains AMMONIA even), not because they give away free toys... that is ridiculous and the hot coffee lawsuit made more sense.What do you think about this (potential) lawsuit against McDonalds?
It isn't a real law suit.





It is just a PR ploy, which CNN has merrily decided to go along with. They know this isn't a law suit they can win, as there is no actual law which makes it illegal to target children as part of an advertising campaign.
Parents will feel the need to give into children, but they have the final say 鈥?it's not like the kids can pay for the food. It's a little bogus.
That is about the STUPIDEST excuse for a waste of time I have ever heard of!
They ought to be turned into auto parts stores for pushing extremely unhealthy food.
There is a law being passed in a county near me outlawing McDonalds toys in Happy Meals.



It's bogus. Parents, grow a backbone and tell your children "No." It's a waste of taxpayer money to create, enforce and police this law.



Consumers, if you are concerned, write the company and vote with your dollars.



There are so many other laws that could be imposed on companies that could actually help people and the environment, and instead they are outlawing toys in Happy Meals. It's ridiculous.



But, that's parents today. Kids are plain spoiled these days and many, many parents just don't know how to say "No." Not only that, but they used to have cookies in Happy Meals. I am sure someone complained about that, now they have toys and now that's the problem. No, it's the crappy, unhealthy fast food! Stop eating it!
Its about the total loss of personal responsibility , no one acts like they can take care of themselves anymore
Hell, when I was a kid my parents asked that my sister and I didn't even get a toy because we would just fight over them.

If the toys are such a problem, why don't the parents ask to not give them to them.

With that being said, I'm not overweight, and I eat McDonalds a few times a week. It's not the FOOD, it's how much activity you have after food.
You obviously don't have children. They have a tremendous amount of influence on what they eat and where they eat, and the toys are the thing that will make them insist on McDonalds.
  • duplicolor
  • breakfast pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment