Saturday, February 11, 2012

Parents, what is your take on this group threatening to sue McDonalds over the Happy Meal toys?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100622/ap_o鈥?/a>



Has this not reached the point of insanity?! Jeez!Parents, what is your take on this group threatening to sue McDonalds over the Happy Meal toys?
yeay ! yet another group who unfortunately will probably succeed in placing blame on any one other than themselves ! keep on trucking, idiots !

(that was sarcasm).

Now, the sentiment behind the veil:

What a pile of shyte.
This is just putting the blame on something that has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.



Taking toys out of happy meals isn't going to solve childhood obesity. Never once have I heard my kids say "Ohh, Mom, Mom! Can we go to McDonald's they have Hannah Montana toys pleeeeeeaseee!!" I've thrown away countless happy meal toys. It's not the toys they want, it's the food.



If your child has a weight problem, tell them "no". It's really not that hard. Two simple letters that take hardly any effort to say.



Taking away fast food isn't the solution to the problem, either. The only solution to solving childhood obesity (and adult obesity) is education. Knowing how to give your kids a balanced diet with junk food moderation and having the guts to tell your kids "put down the tv remote and go ride your bike".



The food we have nowdays isn't any worse than it was back when we were kids. It's the parents that are different. Parents don't tell their children no anymore. When I was a kid my diet consisted of McDonald's, Spaghettios, and Koolaid. I never had weight issues, though, because my parents would make us play outside until the street lights came on.



My rant is over lol :)Parents, what is your take on this group threatening to sue McDonalds over the Happy Meal toys?
I don't think suing is the right attitude. That said I know France is currently thinking of stopping the use of small toys by unhealthy food products to target children. I think it's in the same logic as the ban on advertising of unhealthy foods during kids shows. Apparently France is one of the rare developped countries where child obesity is currently receding. So I guess they must be doing something right.
Oh good lord! I'm not a parent, but I just had to read the article, now I can't help but respond. It's so ridiculous. This is not a group concerned about anything other than winning a lawsuit and passing responsibility off on someone else. People do have a choice. I am guessing this is a group that is just like the group of people who want to ban guns so murder will decrease. It's just making the environment family friendly. It's no different than a restaurant serving dessert and showing it on tv. Kids would demand to eat there too if they saw it. They have sued other companies for this sort of thing before? Too funny.... now I have to see who else they sued. This is cheap entertainment. Thanks for the article.
Like I mentioned in an earlier question about this, these idiots aren't helping anyone. The kids who used to get Happy Meals just for the toy will graduate to Big Mac Extra Value Meals, where there is no apple dipper option. No one will get healthier. No one will get happier. But a few PR w!ores with Mommy issues like MeMe Roth will get richer.



These people think it's creepy for marketers to have a direct relationship with my child, but I think it's way creepier for some idiotic bureaucrats to dismiss my rights and decisions and tell my kids what they can and can't do.
I am embarrassed for the Center for Science in the Public Interest people. I expect it was a "this shock tactic will get the message across" idea, but, poorly done, gone too far, made the whole cause look silly, takes away from legitimate "Hey, maybe soda machines in grade schools aren't such a great idea after all" sorts of concerns. Boo, CSPI.
oh please. Like the toys are the only reason kids want a happy meal. My son could care less about the stupid toys that break in 10 minutes anyway. He wants the chicken nuggets. If parents cannot say no to their kids that is their own problem. F'in stupid is what it is and a complete waste of time and money.
Ok before I answer I'll admit I only read the first couple lines of the article.



This is beyond stupid. Toys are making the kids fat? What are the kids doing? Eating the toy (ha). If parents do not want their children eating at McDonald's STOP TAKING THEM. If Parents do not want their children seeing the commercials TURN THE TV OFF.



McDonald's does not control what the children do, Parents do.



I had to LOL when I see the word of mouth thing. Do they honestly realize how many businesses either thrive or fail based on word of mouth?
thats dum. no ones telling you to get the toy. We get mcdonalds maybe once a week but we have never gotten happymeals, those are totally overpriced and the toys are really crappy anyways. I just get them their nuggets or a burger and some fries and thats it.
i honestly think that that is stupid.getting a toy at McDonald's is fun for the kids and who cares if they advertising it does not matter. advertising isn't against the law.this has gone way out of hand
We don't go to McDonald's. I don't care, really.



If you don't want to get the friggin toy, no one is stopping you.

No comments:

Post a Comment